Our contact details
About the Funeral Limited
28 – 35 Cathedral Road
Tel: 029 200 99 200
About the types of personal information we collect
Depending upon the way in which you use our Website or telephone service regarding the products and services you are looking to use and buy, and information you download, we may ask you for the following:
- Personal information so that we can identify who you are, eg. your name.
- Personal information so that we can contact you, eg. your home address, your email address and your contact telephone numbers.
- Personal information so that we can help you find a product or service, eg. details about a prospective pre-paid funeral planholder’s date of birth and home address.
- Technical personal information, eg. how you browse our Website and the devices and technology you use to browse our Website.
We do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children under the age of 16.
How and we use your personal information and why
We may process and share your personal information with our panel of advertisers, preferred partners and data providers so that we can
- reply to your enquiry;
- send you information you have requested;
- send you updates and marketing information when you opt-in;
- fulfil your call back request;
- notify you of attempts to fulfil calls to action, such as a call back request;
- provide you with a suitable service and product quote;
- find the details of your quote and fulfil the service;
- save you time in relaying details of the products and services you have enquired about;
- request that you complete a review regarding the quality of the product purchased or the service you received from the provider;
- process applications for products and services you have enquired about;
- for troubleshooting;
- for quality control and testing purposes;
- to answer queries or resolve any complaints raised by you, our panel of advertisers, preferred partners or data providers;
- send our panel of advertisers, preferred partners, or data providers notifications of Site usage.
The processing of your personal information is necessary so that we can
- provide our services to you in accordance with our Website proposition, terms and conditions;
- validate sales and for audit purposes, and ensure we are remunerated when you buy a product or service from a third party via our Website;
- comply with any regulatory requirement or marketing agency agreements;
- to continually monitor and improve our services to you;
- conduct internal research (such as by analysing market trends and customer demographics) to develop the products and services which we offer.
The sharing of your personal information with a limited number of data providers is necessary so that we can
- deliver a more User-friendly and intuitive price/ product comparison, and information experience;
- auto-populate relevant fields for a better User experience;
- Without processing your personal information in this way, we would be unable to deliver our services to you and free of charge.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you when you
- register an account with us;
- interact with our Website or other online methods of advertising;
- compare products or services via our Website or via our telephone service;
- choose to provide feedback;
- take part in any of our other marketing and promotional initiatives.
We may also collect personal information from you
- by post;
- online, including via email;
- via social media and mobile device apps.
Occasionally, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties or publicly available sources.
We may share personal information with or receive personal information from our panel of advertisers, preferred partners and data providers, including
- funeral directors;
- pre-paid funeral plan providers;
- law firms;
- funeral or end of life related third-party product and service suppliers;
- third party data providers, such as CRM and social media providers;
- regulatory bodies, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, and self-regulatory bodies, including the Funeral Planning Authority, and any trade association we may be a member of;
- law enforcement agencies; and
- third parties to whom we may sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or assets
Our terms of business impose strict restrictions on what our panel of advertisers, preferred partners and data providers may do with personal information we give to them. They may process personal information that we give them to:
- assess your eligibility for the products or services which you have expressed an interest in;
- contact you in response to an enquiry regarding products or services which you have expressed an interest in
- contact you to ensure the service you have received from us complies with any statutory, self-regulatory code of practice, or marketing agency guidelines.
- carry out checks against information they already hold about you (for example, if you are an existing member client or otherwise already known to them); and
- conduct internal research (such as by analysing market trends and customer demographics) to develop the products and services which they offer;
- with law enforcement agencies to detect and prevent crime, and report offensive activity.
These include types of communication that
- satisfy all legal and regulatory requirements
- direct marketing for which you have opted in, and
- service communications which we send in connection with the provision of our service to you.
You can opt out of receiving any or all these communications at any time, by writing to us, emailing us, or phoning us. See our contact details at 2.
We may keep your personal information for up to five (5) years following the date on which you last use our Website or only for as long as is reasonably necessary thereafter to:
- respond fully to any questions or complaints;
- evidence that we have treated customers fairly or satisfy some other legal, accounting, tax or reporting requirement; and
- establish, exercise or defend legal claims in accordance with statutory limitation periods.
The cookie(s) we use are:
|Name of Cookie||Name of Provider||1st / 3rd Party||Purpose|
|_ga||1st||This cookie is used to distinguish unique Users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a Site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the Sites analytics reports.|
Appropriate security measures have been put in place to protect personal information from being accidentally accessed, used without consent or lost.
You have a right to know whether we are processing your personal information. If we are processing your personal information, you have a right to
- request copies of your personal information that we are processing;
- to know the purposes of our processing;
- to know the recipients or categories of recipients we have share your personal information with;
- to require us to rectify or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information;
- to ask us to erase your personal information;
- to restrict processing of your personal information;
- to object to processing your personal information unless this conflicts with any legal or regulatory requirements.
Should you have a complaint you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0)292 009 9200 to resolve the matter, or you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
See our Terms & Conditions for further details.